Fritz 17 - The giant PC chess program, now with FAT Fritz*
At the turn of the century, Fritz fascinated the chess world with victories over Garry Kasparov and then-reigning World Champion Vladimir Kramnik. The "most popular chess program" (according to German magazine Der Spiegel) offers you everything you will need as a dedicated chess enthusiast, with innovative training methods for amateurs and professionals alike, plus access to the full suite of ChessBase web apps, including the Playchess playing server.
Here are the highlights:
- Now with “Fat Fritz“: An extremely strong neural net engine inspired by Alpha Zero, which produces human-like strategic analyses.**
- Improved Fritz 17 engine with traditional search and evaluations technology
- Convenient one-click management of your own opening repertoires
- Opening training with success control, measuring your progress with e-learning techniques
- Hundreds of ready-made repertoires included
- Tournaments available 24/7 on playchess.com
- “Blitz & Train“: Fritz generates tactical puzzles from your own blitz games
- Perfect analysis of endgames with up to seven pieces with access to “Let‘s Check“
- Improved 3D chess boards thanks to real-time raytracing**
- Includes six months ChessBase Account Premium Membership: Now with 11 Chess-Base web apps for mobile training, analysis, live chess and much more
No other chess program offers you more, with the online manual alone spanning a whopping 457 pages! But you won’t need it - Fritz 17 is intuitive and easy to use, and whether you want to play against the engine, analyze or enjoy some online blitz, Fritz 17 will open just the functions you need at the click of a mouse.
*Fat Fritz is based on LCZero. LCZero is an open source project licensed through the GPL v3 with all due rights. Source code of LCZero and the modifications for Fat Fritz can be found at Github.
** Requires a powerful graphics card with NVIDIA chip (usable on CPU but significantly slower).
Minimum: (not optimised for Raytracing and FatFritz): Dual Core, 2 GB RAM, Windows 7 or 8.1, DirectX11, graphics card with 256 MB RAM, DVD-ROM-drive, Windows Media Player 9 and Internet access. Recommended: PC Intel i5 or AMD Ryzen 3 (Quadcore), 8 GB RAM, Windows 10 with 64-Bit (current version), NVIDIA RTX graphic card with 6 GB RAM and current driver (FatFritz on older NVIDIA cards or older graphic cards: drastic loss of performance, and runs on CPU only for demonstration purposes) , Windows Media Player 11, (DVD-ROM drive) and Internet access.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.