Beginner to Intermediate
Bridge is a hugely popular pastime enjoyed by millions, and yet whole books have been written about single aspects of the game, and learning the seemingly complex rules and language can be a daunting idea. So this is the essential guide to beginning your journey and getting in on the fun, covering everything you need to know to get started and progress, from bridge basics, language and no-trump declarer play to analysing hands and working with trump suits. Defence play is then covered before going into bidding essentials and further bidding techniques and conventions.
Keeping score and advice on taking things further rounds off this invaluable guide for the beginner. Clear explanations and examples make learning easy, and fresh writing from seasoned expert Mark Horton keeps things interesting, while a glossary of terms is a handy at-a-glance reminder of the meaning of key words and phrases.
- Bridge Basics: Dealing, partnerships, playing and collecting tricks
- Declarer Play: Standard no-trump play, finessing and working with trump suits
- Defensive Play: working with your partner to beat declarer
- Bidding: essential techniques and conventions clearly explained
- Easy-to-follow examples alongside clear presentation of hands and deals
ISBN: 9781787552944, Dimensions: 233 x 162 x 23 mm
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.