Sales Associate, Chess & Bridge: London Chess Centre – Baker Street, London - Full-time
CHESS & BRIDGE Ltd operates a retail shop and mail order businesses from our central London location in Baker St. We also publish Chess Magazine and high-quality chess books. Our niche business has been serving and supporting games enthusiasts since 1992.
We are now looking for a Sales Associate to join our growing team!
Previous experience in retail is preferred but not mandatory, however, the desire to achieve the very best in customer service is! If you love a customer-focused work environment then this position is for you. Chess and or board games knowledge or ability is not essential but beneficial as are internet skills and Microsoft office.
Hours: Full Time (40 hours per week)
Shift patterns: Tuesday to Saturday (typically, occasionally other days required)
Salary: £10 to £10.85 per hour (based on experience)
What will you do?
- Engage closely with customers to address any queries they may have, welcome them in the store, operate the cash register, advise customers on our vast product range and ensure we continue to offer outstanding customer service
- Deal with deliveries and outgoing shipments, stock the floor, create visual displays and keep the floor clean and tidy to present an appealing and easy-to shop environment.
- Answer phone calls, take orders and give appropriate advice
- Update the website product stock levels, prices, descriptions and offers
- Technical support for customers
- Relay customer feedback to company management
- Have at least 1 years’ experience in a similar role or a knowledge of chess and or board games.
- Strong communication skills.
- A sincere passion for bringing satisfaction to customers
- Be a team player
- Be determined to achieve the best in whatever you do
- Have the right to work in UK. We do not sponsor work visas
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to: email@example.com
We receive such a high volume of applications, unfortunately we can't reply to everybody. If you haven't heard back from us after 2 weeks, you haven't been successful on this occasion. However, don't let this put you off applying in future, please keep an eye on our jobs page.