Double Tuition: Tiger on the Modern
with GM Tiger Hillarp Persson & GM Simon Williams (DVD)
In 2004, Tiger Hillarp Persson published one of the most influential opening books of our times - Tiger’s Modern. Tiger’s book on his version of the Modern Defence was praised throughout the chess world for providing a complete repertoire for 1…g6 against all opening moves, particularly 1.e4.
For the first time, Tiger has recorded a DVD based on the material presented within that modern classic, with new analysis bringing the viewer up to date with the latest theory. Novice and advanced alike will enjoy this accessible and informative course which provides both an introduction and refresher to the theory developed in the original Tiger’s Modern and beyond.
This 5 1/2 hour video course is presented in a new format, with TWO grandmaster presenters; on hand is Simon Williams (aka Ginger GM) to ask the questions relevant to viewers, with the Swedish Grandmaster here to provide you with all the options and answers that the casual or club player could possibly need.
After completing this video course the viewer will feel confident to play this exciting and flexible opening, that is well suited for players who like living on the creative or adventurous side of the board. It is an honour for Ginger GM to produce and share this work with the world.
Chapter 1: The Austrian Attack
- Austrian Attack - Introduction
- 1st Example Game Grandelius - Hillarp Persson
- Austrian Attack - Sidelines
- 2nd Example Game Neiksans - Hillarp Person
- 3rd Example Game Carlsson - Hillarp Persson
- Austrian Attack - Conclusion
- Flexible Dragon - Introduction
- 1st Example Game Quesada Perez - Hillarp Persson
- 2nd Example Game Zelbel - Hillarp Persson
- Flexible Dragon Restrained - Introduction
- 3rd Example Game Blomqvist - Hillarp Persson
- Classical Modern - Introduction
- Example Games Solodnovichenko - Hillarp Persson and Solak - Carlsen
- The Mad Dog with 4.Bc4
- The Hippopotamus and Example Game Byron - Hillarp Persson
- White Plays Bg5 and Example Game Smirin - Hillarp Persson
- White Plays g3 and Example Game Cheluskina - Agrest
- White Plays g4 and Example Game Bosiocic - Maiwald
- The Lazy System with c3
- The Averbakh System and Example Game Rodshtein - Hillarp Persson
- DVD Conclusion
- Format: DVD
- Running Time: 5 hours 30 minutes.
- System Requirements: This DVD will run on all platforms - PC, MAC, games consoles and set top boxes. 625 PAL.
Notes: Please be aware that due to technical problems, video and audio quality is variable in some places.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.