In this issue:
- Editorial - Malcolm Pein on the latest developments in the game
- 60 Seconds with...GM Jonathan Rowson - The leading chess thinker believes we are underselling the game
- Chinese Success - and Hao! - John Saunders reports from the FIDE Chess.com Grand Swiss
- How Good is Your Chess? - Nikita Vitiugov’s play has made an impression on Daniel King
- Black Sea Bronze - Kanwal Bhatia was part of a successful England squad in Batumi
- Find the Winning Moves - Can you do as well as the players on the Isle of Man?
- The Moves That Matter - Jonathan Rowson’s take on the 4NCL from his new book
- Forthcoming Events - Will you be playing at the Classic or anywhere this December?
- Christmas Stocking Fillers - Let Sean Marsh be your guide for what to get for Christmas
- I Remember - Ben Graff reflects on the past and future for chess in Coventry
- Readers’ Letters - We discover that Howard Staunton did copyright moves
- Never Mind the Grandmasters... - Carl Portman was inspired by seeing chess played at Blenheim
- Is Grabbing Gary Good? - Junior Tay ponders what to do when the g-pawn is dangled
- It is a very Large Board - Amatzia Avni shows why looking at the whole board is useful
- Home News - We reflect on all the good work done by the late David Welch
- Overseas News - Magnus Carlsen was annihilated by Wesley So at Fischer Random
- Solutions - How did you get on with Benko’s Bafflers back in October?
- This Month’s New Releases - Sean Marsh examines the new edition of a ‘Startling’ repertoire
- Saunders on Chess - John continues to wonder if chess is becoming ever faster
DOWNLOAD THE GAMES FROM THIS ISSUE: PGN FORMAT | CBV FORMAT
To open these files you'll need a PGN reader or Chess software such as HIARCS Chess Explorer, Fritz, Houdini or Chessbase.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.