EVERYMAN EBOOK FORMATS BY FILE TYPE
Standard format for Chess Moves Notation - our files are tailored to work with Chess Viewer but should also be compatible with most other pgn reader apps.
See: Loading your eBook into Chess Viewer
A ChessBase specific format which will only work with ChessBase products such as ChessBase Viewer.
Open with (PC only)
To open your cbv (or pgn): 'open with' (right click) ChessBase or from inside ChessBase open by browsing to the location you saved your eBook.
Standard eBook format used on all the main non-Kindle readers (and many Kindle apps) such as iBooks, Stanza, Google Books.
- Mac OSX or Apple phone or tablet (iOS)
- Android phone or tablet and Chrome OS
- Google Play Books
- PC & Microsoft devices
- Try the Windows App store where many options are available such as Book Vizer
- Try FB Reader but other options are available
Once you have an ePub Reader installed you should be able to open your file directly and it will automatically be added to your library.
A Kindle format compatible with all Kindle eBook apps.
- Kindle apps or alternative apps supporting Kindle format eBooks can be found online if you prefer not to use Amazon apps or use Linux or Chrome OS.
See: Transferring to your Kindle device
Loading your eBook into Chess Viewer
itunes sync - see the Apple Support Page
- Go to iTunes and connect your iPad/iPhone
- Under DEVICES on the left hand side click on your device
- Now you see your device screen on the main section - click on 'Apps' (see below)
- Scroll to the bottom of the screen until you see File Sharing, the click on Chess Viewer and 'Add'
- Navigate to the place on your hard drive that you have saved the pgn file and select it
- Your file should now be in your eBook library
Download directly from your device and open with iZip
You can log into your account using your web browser and download directly. Your downloads are in zip format. If you wish to expand them to use with Chess Viewer and other apps you will need to install a decompression app on your device, such as WinZip (we have tested this one). Expand your files using this app and then you should see list.
Adding pgn files directly from online sources
Click the Add Pgn Files button and either type or paste a url there to get a file from the web (NOTE Zip files supported, such as those used on TWIC - provided only a singe pgn is in the zip).
Adding pgn files directly from Safari or Mail
Using the 'Mail' or 'Safari' app, clicking on an an email attachment or link which is a pgn file should give you the option to 'Open in Chess Viewer'
Transferring .prc eBooks to Kindle
- Connect your device to computer via USB.
- Double click the drive to open it and view the folders.
- Select the item you want to transfer.
- Copy books to the folder (documents) under Kindle drive.
- Or you can also use the Send-to-Kindle email address.