CHESS Magazine - December 2015
Magazine, 60 pages
UK's most popular CHESS Magazine - established 1935! All the regular features of the UK's best-selling CHESS magazine plus more! In this issue:
- The Rose on Tour - Steve Barrett reports from the European Club Cup
London Calling - James Coleman previews the final leg of the Grand Chess Tour
- Who Else? - Magnus Carlsen retained his World Rapid title in Berlin
Go East! - Carl Strugnell concludes his chess-themed tour of Eastern Europe
- Chess Engulfed in Fresh Cheating Scandal - Our correspondent Fi Day explains
What is it about those Welsh Girls? - Richard Stevenson investigates the rise of girls’ chess in Wales
- Carlsen’s Stonewall Dutch - Dutch expert Mark Lyell explains how to play the opening like Magnus
Back to Basics - Nick Ivell explains the intricacies of the combined method
- Stocking Fillers - Sean Marsh has some suggestions for Christmas
Good Old Informator - John Cox enjoyed reading his first Chess Informant in many a year
- Expand Your Club! - Charles Higgie explains how best to attract new members
The Indignity of Grovelling: Part II - Matthew Lunn looks at two games where one side was out-rated
- Home News - Mark Hebden and Ameet Ghasi came top at the British Rapidplay
Overseas News - Hikaru Nakamura triumphed in the Millionaire Chess tournament
Plus all the regular features such as: How Good is Your Chess?, Saunders on Chess, Find the Winning Moves, Never Mind the Grandmasters, Studies, Home & Overseas News, Calendar and Book Reviews.
To open these files you'll need a PGN reader or Chess software such as HIARCS Chess Explorer, Fritz, Houdini or Chessbase.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.