CHESS Magazine - January 2016
Magazine, 60 pages
UK's most popular CHESS Magazine - established 1935! All the regular features of the UK's best-selling CHESS magazine plus more! In this issue:
The Best of Life on the Back Rank - with Tristan retiring, we look back at some of his best cartoons
- Russian Revenge in Reykjavik - Kanwal Bhatia reports from the European Team Championships
The Story So Far - News from the London Chess Classic where David Howell shone
- Why I Switched to Wales - Nigel Davies explains the decisions behind his change of federation
Fear and Loathing in Challengers C - Mike Basman presents the inside story from Loughborough
- Christmas Quiz - How will you fare with our teasers for the holiday period
Murder on the Chess Train? - Phil Crocker reports on a railway journey with a difference
- Chess World Looks Up to the Evans - By our alien affairs correspondent, Kirsan Damnation
Shaking the Archbishop's Hand - James Essinger had an exciting game after going to a consecration
- That Other Alekhine - Bob Jones explores the colourful life of Alekhine's third wife
Carlsen's Stonewall Dutch - Mark Lyell continues his exploration of this complex opening
Plus all the regular features such as: How Good is Your Chess?, Saunders on Chess, Find the Winning Moves, Never Mind the Grandmasters, Studies, Home & Overseas News, Calendar and Book Reviews.
To open these files you'll need a PGN reader or Chess software such as HIARCS Chess Explorer, Fritz, Houdini or Chessbase.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.