CHESS Magazine - October 2012
Bumper issue - 8 extra pages - all the action from the 2012 Istanbul Olympiad
A4-sized full-colour magazine, 68 pages
UK's most popular CHESS Magazine - established 1935! All the regular features of the UK's best-selling CHESS magazine plus more!
- Editorial Malcolm Pein on the latest developments
- Readers Letters BH.Wood and chess-playing families
- The 2012 Istanbul Olympiad GM Daniel Gormally gives his views on England's performance and analyses the best and worst games from the biannual event
- The Next Generation Joshua Altman and Alex Golding - the future stars of UK chess?
- Love it or Loathe it? James Coleman offers an introductory guide to Isolated Queen Pawn positions
- DISR-E-S-P-E-C-T Peter Lalic observes how even your highest rated opponents will make catastrophic blunders
- Learning to Love the Endgame Nick Ivell teaches the Vancura position
- Polgar on the Endgame A fascinating extract from Judit's recent book How I Beat Fischer's Record - Judit Polgar Teaches Chess
- 25 Years of Solitude Raj Bhopal discusses his return to competitive chess after a quarter of a century.
- Studies Brian Stephenson presents a study by Sergey Didukh, one of the World's most successful study composers
- Obituary: Svetozar Gligoric Remembering Yugoslavia's greatest ever player
- How Good is Your Chess? GM Danny King features a little-known gem featuring the late Svetozar Gligoric
- Find The Winning Moves Three pages of tactical teasers from recent tournament games and brilliancies by Svetozar Gligoric
- Chess in the 1980s John Saunders recalls the English GM who might have been: Ian Wells
- If you join them, you can beat them... IM Angus Dunnington looks at the psychology behind playing higher-rated opponents
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.