CHESS Magazine - October 2015
Magazine, 60 pages
UK's most popular CHESS Magazine - established 1935! All the regular features of the UK's best-selling CHESS magazine plus more! In this issue:
- New Faces - Tomashevsky and Goryachkina are the new Russian Champions
The No Stress Chess Holiday - David Smerdon tried a tournament with a different pace of life
- Opening Trends - A King’s Indian brilliancy from Hikaru Nakamura
Latvian Delights - John Foley very much enjoyed a return to Riga
- The Return of Aronian - Levon Aronian bounced back to form at the Sinquefield Cup
A Surprising Pawn Sacrifice - Dragon expert Junior Tay on a dangerous idea in the Classical
- The Great Ladies of Devon Chess - Bob Jones concludes his investigations with Rowena Bruce
The Dark Horse - Dan Staples enjoyed the film about the life of Genesis Potini
- Back to Basics - Nick Ivell on a deceptively difficult rook and pawn endgame
Still Going Strong - Mark A. Jordan looks at the remarkable success of Golders Green
- Masters of Control - Positional masterpieces from Keith Arkell & Magnus Carlsen
Plus all the regular features such as: How Good is Your Chess?, Saunders on Chess, Find the Winning Moves, Never Mind the Grandmasters, Studies, Home & Overseas News, Calendar and Book Reviews.
To open these files you'll need a PGN reader or Chess software such as HIARCS Chess Explorer, Fritz, Houdini or Chessbase.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.