Magazine, 60 pages
All the regular features of the UK's best-selling CHESS magazine and more! Regular features include: How Good is Your Chess? by GM Daniel King, Saunders on Chess, Find the Winning Moves, Never Mind the Grandmasters..., Studies, Home & Overseas News, Forthcoming Events Calendar and Book Reviews.
In this issue:
- Editorial - Malcolm Pein on the latest developments in the game
- 60 Seconds with...Leon Watson - Working for Chessable is a dream job for the former crime reporter
- Classic Drama - Ding Liren, not Carlsen, finished first in the GCT Finals at Olympia
- A Fun Fundraiser - Terry Chapman annotates the best game of the Pro-Biz Cup
- The Power of Intuition - Carl Strugnell details his return to chessboxing after a long break
- Nepo Nails It - Ian Nepomniachtchi became a Candidate, as Yochanan Afek explains
- In From the Cold - Danny Gormally reports from a rejuvenated Hastings Congress
- Find the Winning Moves - Can you do as well as the players in the closing legs of the GCT?
- The Love of a Woman... or the Love of Chess? - Mark Ozanne tries to understand why he sacrificed a relationship
- Chess Marathon - Ben Graff has been playing a lot of chess of late
- How Good is Your Chess? - Daniel King enjoyed his visit to the Sunway Sitges Festival
- He’s Ours! - How one club is reclaiming its part in history, by Leon Watson
- Never Mind the Grandmasters... - Carl Porman’s opening preparation came off for once
- Blunders and Brilliancies - Danny Gormally shows there were again plenty of both at Hastings
- Studies - Brian looks at the work of Steffen Nielsen and Martin Minski
- Home News - Michael Adams rode his luck at times, but won the British KO
- Overseas News - Magnus Carlsen completed a hat-trick of titles over Christmas
- Solutions - How did you get on with last month’s Christmas quiz?
- This Month’s New Releases - The new Kaufman, Sielecki and Levenfish works are reviewed
- Saunders on Chess - John wonders whether internet blitz is a generational thing
DOWNLOAD THE GAMES FROM THIS ISSUE: PGN FORMAT | CBV FORMAT
To open these files you'll need a PGN reader or Chess software such as HIARCS Chess Explorer, Fritz, Houdini or Chessbase.
Unfortunately all copies of this issue have a small printing error on the front cover. This is indeed the February 2020 edition but all printed copies have 2019 printed on it. We apologise for any confusion caused due to this printing mistake.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.