King's Gambit by Nikolai Kalinichenko
The King's Gambit is one of the most ancient openings, its history dating back more than 500 years.
The present book by Nikolai Kalinichenko, an international grandmaster in correspondence play, gives a systematic analysis of the King's Gambit using more than 300 annotated games, classic and modern, providing the reader with a sound knowledge of all the standard variations, together with their typical strategic and tactical ideas.
PART ONE. King's Gambit Declined and Counter-Gambit
- Chapter 1. King's Gambit Declined. Rare Continuations.
- Chapter 2. King's Gambit Declined. Classical Variation 2...Bc5.
- 1. Variation 3.Nf3 d6 4.Nc3.
- 2. Variation 3.Nf3 d6 4.c3.
- Chapter 3. Falkbeer Counter-Gambit
Part TWO. King's Gambit Accepted
- Chapter 4. Rare continuations
- Chapter 5. Bishop´s Gambit 3.Bc4
- Chapter 6. Knight´s Gambit 3.Nf3
- 1. 3.Ne7 Defence
- 2. Fischer Defence 3...d6.
- 3. Schallopp Defence 3...Nf6.
- 4. Becker Defence 3...h6.
- 5. 3...Nc6 Defence.
- 6. 3 ...Be7 Defence.
- 7. Modern Defence 3...d5
- Chapter 7. Knight's Gambit. Classical Systems 3...g5.
- 1. Rare Systems.
- 2. Kieseritzky Gambit 4.h4 g4 5.Ne5
Hardback, 347 pages, Russian Chess House
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.