Winning Chess Strategies - Yasser Seirawan (Fully Revised and Updated)
Paperback, 272 pages
Gain the advantage over your opponent with easy-to-remember strategies from one of the worlds top chess players!
Strategy is the ultimate secret weapon for championship players around the world. Drawing on his considerable experience in tournament play, International Grandmaster Yasser Seirawan shows you how to apply flexible strategic principles to every part of your game. Using Seirawan's simple and effective planning and analysis techniques, you'll enter each game with confidence and energy, ready to play forcefully and intelligently - the way you need to play so you can win every time!
- Knock your opponent off balance with bold opening moves
- Formulate an overall game strategy before the middle game
- Interpret the motivation behind your opponent's every move
- Position yourself for a winning endgame
- Diagrams throughout the book illustrate game positions, and you'll meet history's greatest chess strategies learning from them move by move!
About the Author
Yasser Seirawan is a three-time U.S. Champion, the 1989 Western Hemisphere Champion, and an eight time member of the U.S. chess Olympiad team. He was the first American to vie for the World Championship title since Bobby Fischer. Currently one of the world's top-ranked chess players, he is one of only a handful of players to have defeated world champions Garry Kasparov and Anatoly Karpov in tournament play.
ISBN: 9781857443851, Everyman Chess
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.